It is a finishing coating formed of special water-based acryl-siloxanic binders that bestow at the same time water-repellence, breathability and resistance to external agents at the highest levels.
- Specific weight: 1.610 kg/l
- Use: 250-300 g/m2 (0.10-0.13 l/m2) per layer on bottom.
- Result: 3-4 m2/l when the two-hand work is over.
- Resistent to wash for 2000 cycles.
- Color preservation and Resistance to chalking for 600 hours of UV-condensation.
- Water vapor diffusion 280 g/m2 in 24 hours.
- Resistance factor to vapor emission: µ = 350
- Air equivalent layer: Sd = 0.08 m (calculated with s = 0.2 • 10-3 m).
- Coefficient of water absorption: w = 0.003 kg/(m • h1/2) ca. — Sd • w < 0.0024 kg/(m • h1/2)
- Respects the theory of Kuenzle.
Siloxan Q is used as first quality protective and decorative coating having a mineral aspect, white or colored, on finishing plasters for indoor and outdoor use, especially when a long term preservation is required.
The surface needs to be dry and clean, without dust, dirt, oil or any other greasy spots and must be completely clean. In case of chalked or particularly absorbent plasters we suggest to apply the base Siloxan Q with water.
We always suggest to use this treatment when the surface you want to paint presents tough absorbance diversities.
Dilution in weight with water: the first layer until 40%, the second until 20%. Apply the second layer after 8 hours minimum from the first. The application can be done with a brush or with a wool roll.
- Apply with a temperature higher than +5 °C and lower than +35 °C.
- Apply the material only over seasoned and dried plasters.
- Avoid the application during the coldest months of the year.
- 14 liters can.
- Tints: see the colors folder.
Preserve the product in right places. If stocked inside the original can it lasts 1year.
Siloxan Q is constantly and properly checked in our laboratories. The raw materials used are strictly selected and checked.
The reported data refer to laboratory tests: during practical applications in building sites these can be slightly modified according to the conditions of any installation.
The person who works with the product must verify the expected suitability of use of the product, taking upon himself.
The company Colorificio Veneziano s.r.l. may carry out technical alterations on products without notice.
July 2008 Edition.