Silosannic protective and water resistant product for indoor and outdoor use.
Idrocem-S is a produst formed of silicon polymers, class polysiloxane, non-film-forming, resistant to alkali and atmospheric agents. According to its features, we suggest to use it for the hydrophobia protection of several kinds of mineral surfaces.
Idrocem-S enters the support reducing much the absorption of surfaces’ water, keeping transpirability and the original aspect of walls the same.
Idrocem-S avoids both the continuous moldering of the construction material caused by the frost and defrost shift, and the presence of unaesthetic white spots caused by water-soluble salts which are extracted from walls.
Idrocem-S is used on indoor and outdoor vertical surfaces, in any climatic condition and environment.
It can be applied on mineral and stone absorbent supports, piling surfaces, cellular concrete, reinforced concrete, calcareous sandstones, plasters and bricks.
- Do not apply on old paintings or on organic coatings.
- Do not apply on non-absorbent supports (shiny marble, granites and chalk).
- Binder nature: alchil-polisilossan oligomer
- Solvent: hydrocarbons mixture
- Volume mass UNI EN ISO 2811-1: 0.85 ± 0.05 kg/l
- Aspect: transparent liquid
- Drying (22 °C and 60% U.R.): total after 24 hours
Stone surfaces or brick walls: dust and clean the surfaces. If they are dirty or have flakes and crusts, we suggest to clean the support by high-pressure washing.
When the surface is dry apply Idrocem-S.
Preparing the surface
- Support temperature: Min +5 °C / Max +35 °C
- Humidity: < 10%
- Avoid to apply with surface condensation
- Tools: brush, air spray painting with a low pressure.
- Dilution: ready to use
- For air spray painting, use nozzles with a 1.2-1.4 mm diameter.
- The product performs its water resistant action after 1 day from the application.
- Protects the treated surfaces against rain for at least 24 hours from the application.
- Clean the tools with turpentine or synthetic thinner.
- Result: depending on the support absorption capacity. We suggest to make some preparatory trials.
Some consumptions indexes shown below:
- Piling 0.2-0.4 l/m2
- Natural stones 0.2-1.2 l/m2
- Frontal facade brick walls 0.5-1.0 l/m2
- Plasters min 0.4-0.7 l/m2
The product is only available colorless.
Maximum preservation temperature: +30 °C
Minimum preservation temperature: +5 °C
Stored in the original closed package with right temperature: 18 months
It does not belong to D.Lgs 161/2006
- harmful – dangerous for the environment
- toxic for water fauna, can cause negative effects for the sea environment at long term
- harmful: can cause damages to lungs if ingered
- the exposition to vapors can cause dryness and skin chapping
- the inalation of vapors can cause sleepiness and vertigo
- preserve out of the reach of children
- do not breath vapors
- do not throw the material in the sewage system
- only use it in a airy place
- in case of ingestion do not throw up: get medical advice immediately and show the labeling box
The product must be transported, used and stored in accordance with the standards in force regarding hygiene and safety; dispose this product responsibly after use, let the residues dry out completely and treat them as special waste. Consult the safety sheet for additional information.
The reported data refer to laboratory tests: during practical applications in building sites these can be slightly modified according to the conditions of any installation.
The person who works with the product must verify the expected suitability of use of the product, taking upon himself.
The company Colorificio Veneziano s.r.l. may carry out technical alterations on products without notice.
June 2008 Edition.