Paste painting formed of grassello di calce and highly breathable mineral inerts. It is velvety and suitable for indoor and outdoor use. It reproduces the chromatic effects of ancient paintings.
Pittura a Calce "G" has got anti-mold features, excellent white point, good dilation, high coverage as dry, and low chalking effect.
- Specific weight: 1.3 kg/lt
- Granulometry: between 0.2 and 0.3 mm
- Consumption: 150-200 g/m (0.12-0.15 l/m2) per layer
- Result: 3.5-4.0 m2/l when the 2-hand work is over
For the production of Pittura a Calce "G", we use a marble powder with a thicker granulometry in order to obtain a higher covering effect.
- Water vapor Diffusion: 740 g/m2 in 24 hours
- Resistance Factor to vapor diffusion: µ=150
- Air equivalent layer: Sd = µ • s = 0.3 m (calculated with s= 0.2 • 10-3 m)
- Coefficient of water absorbtion: w= 0.25 kg (m2 • h1/2). — Sd • w= 0.0075 kg (m • h1/2).
- Respects the theory by Kuenzle: Sd * w = 0.0075 kg/(m • h1/2).
Pittura a Calce "G" is used as finishing painting for indoor and outdoor use, on lime plasters, lime-cement that have previously been treated with thin mortar.
It is possible to make outdoor applications of Pittura a Calce "G" on historical buildings, lime plasters or surfaces that have been previously treated with lime painting. He effect will be a sort of re-painting and decoration with ancients glazing effects.
Base preparation and application cycles
The surface must be completely clean. Remove any dust, oil, wax spots. The surface to coat must always be a base support with a two-coat-finishing or finished plaster. In case of chalking plasters, we suggest to apply a layer of Isoedil-A diluted in 5 parts of water.
Dilution in weight with water: 40% for the first layer, 30% for the second one, if with brush. Apply the second layer after 4 hours. Apply with brush or wool roll.
- Apply the material only on seasoned and dry plasters.
- Avoid the application on facades exposed to sun.
- Avoid the application during the coldest months.
- Apply with a temperature higher than +5 °C and lower than +35 °C: relative humidity lower than 75%.
- Outdoor facades painted with Pittura a Calce "G" during the lay-up and the following days, must be protected from any atmospheric agent because white spots and stains might show up.
- Colors: available white, light-pastel colors on demand
- Can: 14 and 5 litres
Preserve the product in right places. If stocked inside the original can it lasts 1 year.
Pittura a Calce "G" is constantly and properly checked. The raw materials used are strictly selected and checked.
The reported data refer to laboratory tests: during practical applications in building sites these can be slightly modified according to the conditions of any installation.
The person who works with the product must verify the expected suitability of use of the product, taking upon himself.
The company Colorificio Veneziano s.r.l. may carry out technical alterations on products without notice.
July 2008 Edition.