It is a product formed of special marble powders of different granulometries, grassello di calce and additives that give the product excellent grip on any support.
- Specific weight: 1,650 Kg/l ± 0,05
- Granulometry: 700 µ max
- Appareance: Paste
- Consumption: about 2 kg/m2 when finished
Marmorino Pasta Media is a mineral leveling product, highly breathable for indoor and outdoor use, especially suitable for obtaining satin-finished surfaces.
- Water vapor Diffusion: 745 g/m2 in 24 hours
- Resistance Factor to vapor diffusion: µ=150
- Air equivalent layer: Sd = µ • s = 0.03 m (calculated with s= 0.2 • 10-3 m)
- Coefficient of water absorbtion: w= 0.25 kg (m2 • h1/2). — Sd • w= 0.0075 kg (m • h1/2).
- Respects the theory by Kuenzle.
It can be used on any support, both indoor and outdoor. The adherence is very good without any inconvenient that are usual for traditional marmorino products.
Thanks to its special mineral components it has got an excellent resistance to humidity and ageing, a good breathability and water resistance.
Mix the paste well with the help of a mixer drill, without adding any water. If it is necessary a colored paste, use iron oxides or ask Colorificio Veneziano.
Base preparation and application cycles
After the base preparation (brushing, scraping and acrylic insulation) apply Marmorino Pasta Media. Use a steel trowel by spreading smoothly as it was a plaster, making a 2 mm depths. Pay attention to the paste smoothness because a good result can be obtained already with the first application.
After at least 24 hours apply the second layer using a trowel making a thinner layer: just make a soft pressure. Right away after, (one person spreads the product and another one smooths it), level the surface with a steel clean trowel. As the product dries, increase the pressure of the application. If done in the right moment, Marmorino Pasta Media increases its shiny effect.
If the weather is hot or in case of wide dimensions of the facade, wet the product with a water spray. If the application is outdoor, during very humid days, protect the wall for at least 3 days. The color of Marmorino Pasta Media is natural: its resulti s the one of marble powders.
Indoors, to obtain more protection and shine, it can be treated with transparent waxes. Outdoors, to reduce the wet effect, you can apply after at least 10 days, a protective silicon base.
- Avoid the application with temperatures lower than +5 °C and relative humidity higher than 75%.
- Avoid the application in the coldest months.
- Before applying Marmorino Pasta Media, verify the mechanical resistance and the mortar adherence to the base plaster. If these resistances are not good enough, there might be a detachment of the plaster’s thin mortar.
- Facades coated with Marmorino Pasta Media, during the lay-up and the following days, must be protected from rain otherwise white spots may show up.
- Cans: 25 kg.
- Tints: see colors folder.
Preserve the product in right places. If stocked inside the original can it lasts 1year.
Marmorino Pasta Media is constantly and properly checked. The raw materials used are strictly selected and checked.
The reported data refer to laboratory tests: during practical applications in building sites these can be slightly modified according to the conditions of any installation.
The person who works with the product must verify the expected suitability of use of the product, taking upon himself.
The company Colorificio Veneziano s.r.l. may carry out technical alterations on products without notice.
July 2008 Edition.