Intonaco di Calce is a mineral wall coating formed of grains and marble powders, seasoned slaked lime, dispersing agents that give the product excellent grip on any support. The product, thanks to its natural and mineral components, has a good breathability and alkali resistance, so it is the perfect product for renovating old facades.
It is used for protecting indoor and outdoor facades. It is a thin mortar plaster and its features do not change in wet and dry conditions.
- Specific weight: 1.650 kg/l with +20 °C
- Granulometry: lower than 0.6-1.2 mm
- Consumption: one layer 1.5–2.0 kg/m2; 2 layers 2.5–3.0 kg/m2
Use on any painted plaster, indoor and outdoor. Pay attention to thin mortar surfaces and make sure it has a good grip to the base.
- Water vapor Diffusion: 740 g/m2 in 24 hours
- Resistance Factor to vapor diffusion: µ = 28
- Air equivalent layer: Sd= µ • s = 0.2 m (calculated with s= 1 • 10-3 m)
- Coefficient of water absorbtion: w = 0.25 kg (m2 • h1/2). — Sd • w= 0.0070 kg (m • h1/2).
- Respects the theory by Kuenzle.
Base preparation and application cycles
Preparing the supporti s essential as for all lime products. On two-coat-plasters apply one layer of Isoedil-A, on old plasters apply a colored Fondo ruvido in order to have a smooth absorption.
After that wait for at least 12 hours, then lay the material with a plastic or steel trowel.
Intonaco di Calce is available in 2 granulometry types, with the 1.2 one 1 layer is enough, with the 0.6 one, you need 2 thin layers of material. Apply with plastic, steel or rubber trowel according to the desired finishing. After the application protect the facade from rain for at least 4 days in order to avoid stains.
- Protect Intonaco di Calce from freeze. A +5 °C temperature and a relative humidity not higher than 30% during winter time is the minimum value for the application and the proper hardening of the product.
- Apply the material only on seasoned and dry plasters.
- Facades coated with Intonaco di Calce, during the lay-up and the following days must be protected from rain otherwise white spots may show up.
- Avoid the application on a facade in different times or with sun, shade, hit, freee, beacuse changeable drying conditions may cause bad color results on the finishing plaster.
- Do not apply Intonaco di Calce with temperatures higher than +35 °C.
- Avoid the application during the coldest months.
- Do not compact the material during the application otherwise “vitrified” parts may limit the adherence during the following material applications.
- Ventilate the environment after the application until complete drying, avoiding sudden changes in temperature during the heating of the environment.
- For every work take the needed material all of the same kind.
- Cans: 25 kg.
- Tints: see colors folder
Preserve the product in right places. If stocked inside the original can it lasts 1year.
Intonaco di Calce is constantly and properly checked. The raw materials used are strictly selected and checked.
The reported data refer to laboratory tests: during practical applications in building sites these can be slightly modified according to the conditions of any installation.
The person who works with the product must verify the expected suitability of use of the product, taking upon himself.
The company Colorificio Veneziano s.r.l. may carry out technical alterations on products without notice.
October 2008 Edition.