Grassello Opaco is formed of vinyl versatile binders and micronized selected marble powders having several finishing kinds to the work process. Thanks to its special natural ingredients, has got a great breathability and alkali resistance.
- Specific weight: 1.520 kg/l
- Granulometry: minimum 90% lower than 0.1 mm
- Vonsumption: about 1 kg/m2 when finished
Apply on any surface paying attention to thin mortars. Check if it is well attached to the base.
- Water vapor Diffusion: 370 g/m2 in 24 hours
- Resistance Factor to vapor diffusion: µ=10
- Air equivalent layer: Sd = µ • s = 0.06 m (calculated with s= 0.6 • 10-3 m)
- Coefficient of water absorbtion: w= 0.2 kg (m2 • h1/2). — Sd • w= 0.012 kg (m • h1/2).
- Respects the theory by Kuenzle.
Base Preparation and application cycles
Remove any dust and dirt spot from the plasterboard surfaces or walls that have been already painted. Check the plasters or the old paintings consistency. If it is a tempera painting then insulate with Isoedil-A.
For plasterboards apply one layer of Fondo Ruvido.
Apply then the first layer of Grassello Opaco with a steel trowel. After about 12 hours (according to the temperature) apply the second layer. After 1 hour apply the finishing in order to have the desired effect (the more you smooth Grassello Opaco, the more it gest shiny).
If the base requires thicker depths we suggest to use Marmorino Polvere Media or Marmorino Pasta Media. For the protection of Grassello Opaco, wait untili t is dry, then apply Idrocem-A or a powder wax or a paste wax.
- Avoid the application if temperature is lower than +5 °C and with relative humidity higher than 75%.
- Avoid the application in the coldest months.
- Facades coated with Grassello Opaco, during the lay up and the days after the drying up must be protected from rain otherwise white spots may show up.
- Can: 25 kg.
- Tints: see colors folder.
Grassello Opaco is constantly and properly checked. The raw materials used are strictly selected and checked.
The reported data refer to laboratory tests: during practical applications in building sites these can be slightly modified according to the conditions of any installation.
The person who works with the product must verify the expected suitability of use of the product, taking upon himself.
The company Colorificio Veneziano s.r.l. may carry out technical alterations on products without notice.
July 2008 Edition.