Coccio Pesto is used on any surface after a right base preparation. It can be used indoor and outdoor.
- Result: changes according to the support and granulometry, about 2.8-3.0 kg/m2.
- Physical Status: powder.
- Specific weight: 1.85 kg/l.
- Drying time: depends on the application environment.
- Granulometry: from 0.6, 1.2 and 1.5 mm.
- Water vapor Diffusion: 765 g/m2 in 24 hours
- Resistance Factor to vapor diffusion: µ=12.
- Air equivalent layer: Sd = µ • s = 0.03 m (calculated with s = 0.2 • 10-3m)
- Coefficient of water absorbtion: w = 0.25 kg (m2 • h1/2). — Sd • w = 0.0075 kg (m • h1/2).
- Respects the theory by Kuenzle.
Coccio Pesto is formed of selected powder of ground roof tile, lime and additives that allow an easy processing and an excellent surface grip. Coccio Pesto has a great breathability and a good alkali and mold resistance.
Base preparation and application cycles
After preparing the base, apply one layer of Coccio Pesto (1.2-1.5 mm granulometry) with a steel trowel. While it is drying, throw it with a sponge or a plastic trowel depending on the desired effect. If the granulometry is 0.6 let the first layer dry and after about 16 hours apply another layer throwing it with a sponge or a plastic trowel. Wet the support during the hottest months.
Apply Idrocem-A to protect the surface of Coccio Pesto and make it water resistant, after 20 days from the application.
- For every work just take the needed material all of the same kind.
- Apply the material only over seasoned and dry plasters.
- Avoid the application on facades with full sun and too much wind.
- Avoid the application during the coldest and most humid months of the year; a temperature of +5 °C is the lowest value for the laying-up and drying of the material.
- After applying, the surfaces must be protected by rain for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid the application of the material over a facade in different times.
Coccio Pesto must be used at its original status without adding other materials.
Plastic Vases: 18 kg.
Preserve the product in right places. If stocked inside the original can it lasts 1year.
Coccio Pesto is constantly and properly checked. The raw materials used are strictly selected and checked.
The reported data refer to laboratory tests: during practical applications in building sites these can be slightly modified according to the conditions of any installation.
The person who works with the product must verify the expected suitability of use of the product, taking upon himself.
The company Colorificio Veneziano s.r.l. may carry out technical alterations on products without notice.
July 2008 Edition.