Prime indicated in the application of resin floorings and waterproofing systems and protective of concrete
Definition of the material
Fondo Floor is a component made from special resin primer designed to have high adhesion to surfaces. It’s based on acrylate resins in aqueous emulsion, hydraulic binders, inert silica and specific additives. Applies easily with a spatula, brush, roller or spray, is a permeable membrane, both negative and positive, and avoids capillary rise.
Main fields of application
Fondo Floor is usable as primers, before the laying of coatings and waterproofing floors on different supports such as for example:
- two-component cement;
- flooring in concrete with no vapor barrier;
- glass surfaces such as tiles, ceramics and stoneware;
- old epoxy or polyurethane, properly cleaned, degreased and roughened;
- is also used as a protective concrete.
- Adheres monolithic on support.
- Presents a fast-drying: it can be covered with resinous systems even after 48 hours.
- Resists hydraulic pressure positive and negative.
- Is impervious to water capillary rise.
- Inhibits the formation of osmotic pressure that may lead to bubble formation and detachment of the coating resin (typical phenomenon in reinforced concrete floors with no vapor barrier in wall and bottom of the hydraulic tanks).
- Meets the requirements defined in EN 1504 UNU / 2 (“protection systems for concrete surfaces”) and their acceptance limits.
Units consist of:
- Component A: 20 kg tin
- Component B: 6 kg tin
- 1.0 kg/m2 per mm of thickness (it is important to apply the average total thickness of at least 1 mm, to obtain the resistance to negative hydraulic pressure and the osmotic one)
- 0.5 kg/m2 glassy media (tiles).
The values refer to a thickness of 1 mm.
|Requirements and test methods||Performance|
|Adhesion to concrete, UNI EN 1542: Support MC (0.40) according to UNI EN 1766||3 MPa (rupture of the substrate)|
|Compressive strength at 28 days, UNI EN 12190||30 MPa|
|Water vapor permeability measured as equivalent air thickness Sd, UNI EN ISO 7783/1
||Sd < 3 m (Class I)|
|Capillary absorption coefficient, UNI EN 1062/3||< 0.01 kg / (m2 • h1/2) (impermeable to chlorides)|
|Reaction to fire: A1, A2, B, C, D, E, F1||Bfl-S1|
|Resistance to hydraulic thrust positive, UNI EN 12390/8||5 bar (equivalent to a water column of 50 m)|
|Resistance to negative hydraulic pressure, UNI 8298/8||2.5 bar (equivalent to a water column of 25 m)|
Fondo Floor must be kept in a covered, dry place at temperatures between +5 °C and +35 °C.