Velatura 900 is excellent for obtaining shaded, veiled and ancient effects. It is very resistant to atmospheric agents, water, it preserves a good wall breathability and it is elastic. It has a glazed and velvet effect and can be applied on new, old and already painted plasters.
Velatura 900 is a decorative coating formed of resins in water emulsion and special metal pigments for the realization of many decorative finishing.
Features and technical data
- Specific weight: 1.060 kg/l +/- 5%
- Result: 15m22/l according to the desired effect
- Dilution: can be used pure or diluted with 10% water maximum, according to the final result.
- pH value: between pH 6.5 and pH 7.5
- Viscosity: (Brookfield rot. n. 4a 20 Rpm), 8,000 cps with +21 °C
- Water vapor permeability: Sd 0.25 m (Maximum permitted 2 m, DIN 52 615)
- Emission limit for organic ompounds: A/I; VOC: 30 g/l (maximum)
- Packages: 14, 5, 2.5 and 1.0 liters
The surface must be clean and dry. Remove any grease and oil spot. If the base is chalky, apply Isolante Alta Penetrazione, while if it is smooth use Fondo Ruvido.
To complete the base preparation apply one layer of Fondo per Velatura Metallica, a special kind of stucco paste.
After preparing the base, you can apply Velatura Metallica 900.
According to the desired effect, there are several application techniques:
- Grassello 600 effect: use a steel spatula
- Ancient effect: use a brush or a roll
Velatura 900 is used as decorative painting for indoor and outdoor use
It is colorable with Colorificio Veneziano’s or universal coloring. Dilute with 10% water.
- Apply the material only on dry and seasoned surfaces.
- Avoid the application during the coldest months.
- Apply with a temperature higher than +5 °C and lower than +35 °C.
Avoid freeze. If stored inside the original package in proper environments, it lasts 1 year.
The reported data refer to laboratory tests: during practical applications in building sites these can be slightly modified according to the conditions of any installation.
The person who works with the product must verify the expected suitability of use of the product, taking upon himself.
The company Colorificio Veneziano s.r.l. may carry out technical alterations on products without notice.
July 2008 Edition.