Pittura Canaletto is a pasty painting formed of grassello di calce and selected mineral inerts highly perspirable. It is velvety and excellent for indoor and outdoor use. It reproduces the chromatic effects of ancient paintings. Pittura Canaletto has got anti-molds effects, a wonderful white point, good dilation, high coverage and low chalking effect.
- Specific weight: 1.300 kg/l
- Granulometry: lower than 0.1 mm
- Use: 150-200 g/m2 per layer (0.12-0.15 l/m2)
- Result: 3.5-4.0 m2/l when the two-hand-work is over
- Water vapor diffusion: 740 g/m2 in 24 hours
- Resistance factor to vapor emission: µ = 150
- Air equivalent layer: Sd = µ • s = 0.3 m (calculated with s = 0.2 • 10-3 m).
- Coefficient of water absorption: w = 0.25 kg/(m2 • h1/2)
- Respects the theoty by Kuenzle: Sd • w = 0.0075 kg/(m • h1/2)
The surface needs to be clean from dust, oil, grease, wax. Before applying the varnishing cycle, wait for 28 days after the application of the finishing plaster.
With chalked or with different absorption plasters, we suggest to apply one layer of Isoedil-A diluted with 5 parts of water or Isolante Alta Penetrazione 1:5. We always suggest to apply this treatment also when the surface has absorption diversities.
Dilution weight with water: the first layer 40%, the second 20% if with brush. Apply 2 layers waiting 4 hours at least. The application can be done by brush or wool roll.
- Apply the material on dry and seasoned plasters.
- Do not apply on surfaces that are exposed to sun rays and during the coldest months of the year.
- Apply with a temperature higher than +50 °C and lower than +35 °C, the relative humidity must not be higher than 75%.
- External surfaces painted with Pittura Canaletto, must be protected from rain during the lay-up and the following days because they might show whitening and/or spots due to the uncorrected lime carbonation.
- Buy the needed material for your work all of the same type.
- Cans: 15, 5 and 1 liter
- Colors: white available; light pastel colors on demand
Avoid the preservation in very cold places. If stocked in proper places and inside its vase it lasts 1 year.
Pittura Canaletto is constantly and properly checked in our laboratories. The raw materials used are strictly selected and checked.
The reported data refer to laboratory tests: during practical applications in building sites these can be slightly modified according to the conditions of any installation.
The person who works with the product must verify the expected suitability of use of the product, taking upon himself.
The company Colorificio Veneziano s.r.l. may carry out technical alterations on products without notice.
July 2008 Edition.