Pasty painting formed of grassello di calce and selected mineral inerts highly perspirable. It is velvety and excellent for indoor and outdoor use. It reproduces the chromatic effects of ancient paintings.
Fondo Pittura Canaletto is an anti-molds painting, with excellent white point, good dilatation, high covering as dry; does not crumble away.
- Specific weight: 1.3 kg/l aprox.
- Granulometry: lower than 0.1 mm
- Consumption: 150-200 g/m (0.12-0.15 l/m2) per layer
- Result: 3.5-4.0 m2/l when the two-hand work is over
- Water vapor diffusion: 740 g/m2 in 24 hours
- Resistance factor to vapor emission: µ = 150
- Air equivalent layer: Sd = µ • s = 0.3 m. (calculated with s = 0.2 • 10-3 m).— Sd * w = 0.0075 kg/(m * h1/2) 0.5 m.
- Coefficient of water absorbtion: w = 0.25 kg/(m2 • h1/2)
- Respects the theory by Kuenzle.
Fondo Pittura Canaletto is used as mineral finishing painting for indoor and outdoor use, on lime, cement plasters,previously treated with fine mortar.
The outdoor application of Fondo Pittura Canaletto on historical buildings with lime plasters or on plasters that have already been treated with lime paintings, can be done as a sort of recoating and decoration with transpiring and anti-spot coating effects.
Base Preparation and application cycle
The surface needs to be clean from dust, oil, grease, wax. The surface you want to coat must always be a foundation one with two-plaster-coat on a finished plaster. With chalked or with different absorption plasters, we suggest to apply one layer of Isoedil-A diluted with 5 parts of water as regulator foundation.
Dilution weight with water: the first layer 40%, the second 30% if with brush. Apply 2 layers waiting 4 hours at least. The application can be done by brush or wool roll.
- Apply the material on dry and seasoned plasters
- Do not apply on surfaces that are exposed tu sun rays and during the coldest months of the year.
- Apply with a temperature higher than +50 °C and lower than +35 °C, the relative humidity must not be higher than 75%.
Protect from rain and atmospheric agents the outdoor facades that are varnished with Fondo Pittura Canaletto, during the lay-up and drying since whitening and/or spots due to the uncorrected lime carbonation might appear.
Buy the needed material for your work all of the same type.
- Cans: 15, lt 5, lt and lt 1.0
- Colors: available white and light pastel colors on demand
Avoid the preservation in very cold places. If stocked in proper places and inside its vase it lasts 1 year.
Fondo Pittura Canaletto is constantly and properly checked in our laboratories. The raw materials used are strictly selected and checked.
The reported data refer to laboratory tests: during practical applications in building sites these can be slightly modified according to the conditions of any installation.
The person who works with the product must verify the expected suitability of use of the product, taking upon himself.
The company Colorificio Veneziano s.r.l. may carry out technical alterations on products without notice.
August 2008 Edition.