Graffiato is a finishing coating formed of special acrylic binders highly water repellant, very fine colored quartz sands resistant to light and quemical additives to improve the manufacturing and adherence.
The row materials used allow a good transpiration of the wall. The addition of algae inhibitor and anti-molds additives allow am excellent resistance to atmospheric agents and bacteria. It allows to obtain a finishing surface of rustic effect.
- Specific weight: 1.850 kg/l
- Dilution: ready to use
- Granulometry: 2.0 mm
Graffiato is used as protective and decorative coating for external and internal spaces over lime and cement bases.
The finishing coating must be applied after at least 28 days from the bottom plaster application.
The surface needs to be completely clean. Grease, oil and wax spots must be removed.
Chalked or absorbing bases must be treated with an insulating base, our Isoedil-A slightly diluted a ratio of 1:5 with water.
We suggest to dilute Isoedil-A with Lavedil SQ when the surface to be coated presents absorbance diversities. (doors and windows frames, etc.) or if you want to extend the working time.
To apply Graffiato, the base plaster must be well finished.
In case of applying the coating over surfaces that are very smooth, not spongy and scarcely absorbent we suggest to apply a layer of Fondo Ruvido slightly diluted in 50% weight with water, instead of using the base Isoedil-A.
Lay the material on the surface with a metallic spatula paying attention to distributing one even layer of material. Use a plastic spatula to make the finishing with circular movements.
Graffiato must be used at its original status without adding any other material.
- For every work, collect the needed material all of the same kind.
- Apply only over seasoned and dry plasters.
- Avoid the application on facades with full sun and too much wind.
- Avoid the application during the coldest and most humid months of the year; +5 °C is the lowest temperature for the laying-up and application of the material.
- After applying, the surfaces must be protected by rain for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid the application of the material over a facade in different times.
Avoid the preservation in very cold places. Preserve at temperatures higher than +5 °C and lower than +30 °C. If stocked in proper places lasts 1 year.
Graffiato is constantly and properly checked in our laboratories. The raw materials used are strictly selected and checked.